Austin Finley Hansford

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Pregnancy - First Trimester

I called the doctor today because I think that I may have an ear infection. My ears have been hurting really bad for the past three days (and when I blow my nose and they pop I feel like someone stabbed me in the ear). The doctor's office wanted me to come in to determine if it is, in fact, an ear infection. Because this was a last minute issue, I couldn't get in to see the doctor, but rather a physician's assistant. According to the PA, I have an ear infection in both ears and a sinus infection. She put me on the z-pack, which is the strongest thing that she said that she could give me. She also stated that the z-pack is intended to get rid of the ear infections, but that I should understand that it may not help the sinus infection. She recommended Benadryl for the symptoms associated with the sinus infection. The PA also tried to listen to the baby's heart beat with a doppler machine, but she wasn't able to find it (it may still be early for that).

No comments: