Austin Finley Hansford

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Pregnancy - Second Trimester

I haven’t been having much of an appetite at all lately. Nothing sounds good to me and when I force myself to eat it feels like I am full and forcing myself to eat the last few bites (only it is usually a lot more than the last few bites). Yesterday I had this brilliant idea that maybe it was the nausea medication that was causing this, so I didn’t take it for lunch or dinner. Well, for lunch I still couldn’t eat anything more than a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a plum and I felt woosie the rest of the day at work. For dinner, I didn’t want to eat at all. I had a glass of V8 (because fluids are the only thing I can seem to eat) and tried to force myself to eat a pot pie. The pot pie was not settling and I was sitting very still on the couch trying to keep it down, but then the phone rang and it was plugged in in the bedroom. I got up to get it and by the time I made it to the phone, I was vomiting into my hand and had to run to the bathroom. So the only thing that I accomplished was figuring out that I still need to take the medication. The only thing that I can manage to get down is liquids, so I have V8 juice and orange juice to try and get some vitamins and minerals, but that can’t be enough.

No comments: