Austin Finley Hansford

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Delivery

We had another doctor's appointment today and it was quite a shock to Brian and I. My blood pressure fluctuated between 155-165/90s, protein continued to show in my urinalysis, my vision was showing signs of seeing spots and my edema was at an all-time extreme. With all of these symptoms together and the fact that we had cleared the point of being term (we are 37 weeks and 3 days), the doctor decided that it is imperitive that I be induced in order to prevent the complications with preeclampsia (losing too much blood, seizures, stroke, etc).



He set the appointment for induction at Spectrum Hospital for 930pm tonight. Though we are in a state of shock, we are pretty excited that we are going to see our son soon.



The doctor said that it would be okay to eat, so I decided that my last meal would be a quesadilla from El Burrito. After dinner, we will grab all of our bags and head to the hospital where we will meet my mom and Brian's mom and dad.

No comments: