Austin Finley Hansford

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Pregnancy - First Trimester

The date of conception is usually calculated by knowing the first day of the last menstrual cycle. For me, that would have been May 22, 2008, meaning that I am 11 weeks pregnant and due on February 26, 2008. When I called the doctor Wednesday morning, they completed the calculations and determined that they needed to get me into the office for an ultrasound as soon as possible. We set an appointment for Friday. The doctor didn't seem to want to have me take another pregnancy test, but rather jump straight to the ultrasound, which lead me to believe that two positives was substantial evidence that I am pregnant. I told Arianne about the tests and there was no question that she was excited for Brian and I. She was also very excited that we would be doing this together. Arianne is approximately 5 months pregnant.

No comments: